The Kid Expo
Does your child have an amazing idea, product or service? Let them be one of Hampton Roads Select, an elite group of future business owners with the opportunity to develop, brand and sell their product at the Hampton Roads Kids Expo. The Bennett Center has partnered with our sponsors to coach 25 new kid entrepreneurs. Each child will receive $1,000 to launch their business under the direction and guidance of a business mentor where they will debut their product or service at the Kid Expo.
What your child will learn
• Creating an LLC.
• Creating a Business Plan
• Opening a Business Account
• Branding a Product
• Marketing a Product
• Raising Capital
• Creating an Elevator Speech
Results Of The Program
• Learning the steps to create and run a profitable business.
• Create awareness about financial freedom through entrepreneurship.
• Teach customer service skills and overcome social awkwardness.
• Discover gifts and talents boosting self-confidence.
• Learning how to set goals and manage the outcomes.
• Personal satisfaction from achieving goals.
Applications open October 1, 2022
Deadline for applications January 31, 2023
Next phase determination February 6, 2022
Pitch competition February 18, 2021
8 class session runs every Saturday, March 4, 2022 – April 22, 2022
*Program is open to Hampton Roads Virginia residents at this time*